Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

It just keeps getting better!:)

I haven't been able to sleep in much. As a teacher I dream about Saturdays, and how amazing it feels to not have to set an alarm and how I could sleep well into the afternoon if I wanted to. I don't have that desire to sleep in anymore, it's strange. I wake up early having an urge to get started and fit in as much as I can. Ivan doesn't really like this new habit I have developed. You see he works graveyard shifts often. I wake up after he has only been sleeping two hours and want to celebrate with him about the new day! He doesn't like this much:) Wednesday morning, after Ivan slept his usual 5 hours of sleep we took our dog Bruce for a walk around the neighborhood. This is the first time I've said "our dog," so I am admitting I'm starting to really like Bruce. You see, I am not much of a pet lover...but Ivan loves this dog so much it's hard for me not to. After our walk I went out to lunch with my friend Alyssa. She had never been to Deva's downtown so we decided to go there. Deva's is a little sandwich shop/coffee shop in downtown Modesto. They have the most amazing sandwiches. The second thing I love about this place is the incredible art work they always have hanging on their walls. I have always been curious what it took to get art work up. I felt rather brave that day. After Alyssa and I ordered I asked the owner about the process in getting ones art work up. She asked if it was for me. I shyly responded "yea." The owner's response filled my heart with complete excitement. She said they were in the midst of looking for a new artist to follow the one that was up rather soon, and asked me to leave my contact information so she could forward it to her art coordinator. In the meantime, I must produce more art!! I'm looking at about needing at least 30 pieces. So, I have been on an art binge since then. Every morning I get up and paint for a good amount of time, it's awesome! An now one can complain about me devoting all this time painting, because like I mentioned before It's my new temporary employment:)
Later on Wednesday I hung out with my sister Hilda and nieces. We picked them up from school, and while I was there I caught up with some old teachers and staff I once had. It's crazy to think how long ago it was. I pondered the feeling I would get having students visit me ten years from now...I don't know how I would like that yet? I mean, I would love to hear that my students are doing well, but seeing them all grown up...gosh that would make me feel so old and just weird. I better think about that the next time I visit an old teacher...
We spent the afternoon watching movies and chomping on Lime Hot Cheetos (Cynthia's Favorite). After a few hours I headed over to pick up Ivan. We had dinner plans with Teresa and Steven. They cooked us scrumptious spaghetti, as we watched American Idol. It was great to enjoy a great meal with great friends!
Thursday was Ivan's day off. We proclaimed it our date day! I love our date days! We went out for lunch at this sandwich place in downtown Modesto called Picasso's, but were not very pleased with it. The sun dried tomato pesto sauce flavor was very overwhelming, and took away from all the other flavors. We left a little disappointed:( Our next stop was somewhere I had been craving to go while I was hospitalized. The movies!! I finally got to dip my hands into some buttery popcorn and munch away on that kernel:) Ivan and I watched the movie Thor, which I wasn't too excited about seeing, but after 5 minutes I was hooked!
When we returned home I had a visit from an old friend, Megan Cockrum! I had not seen her since high school. She gave me some more art supplies to add to my now ridiculous collection which I gladly accepted. We talked and laughed about old times and what we had been up to these past years. I was excited to hear she was interested in becoming a teacher:)
Today has been a pretty relaxing day. I got to paint, of course and have just been trying to take care of a few errands. Ivan and I are going to Andy's house for dinner when he gets off of work. We are having a double date with Andy and Alyssa since it's been so long, I can't wait!
I'm starting chemo again on Tuesday...so I'm just trying to fit in as many "activities" in as possible just in case I turn into a zombie again. Hope you all are doing well and enjoying the beautiful weather. Get outside people, go soak in that beautiful sun!:)

God Bless! Keep following!

No comments:

Post a Comment